- Mixed (red, mung, chana, rahar) yellow lentils: 1cup
- Water: 4 cups
- Salt: to taste
- Cinnamon stick: 1 small
- Oil: to garnish
- Cumin seeds: 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida: a pinch
- Cloves: 3-4
- Put daal, water, turmeric, cinnamon, and salt in a pressure cooker.
- Pressure-cook for 10 minutes and let it cool down.
- It should turn into smooth and consistent semi-liquid.
- Heat oil in a pan. Garnish with asafetida, cumin seeds, and cloves.
- Chopped garlic and curry leaves can also be used for garnishing to add value to it.
- Serve with rice or roti.
Yellow lentils have abundant nutritional properties plus cholesterol-lowering fiber. It manages blood sugar and has six important minerals, two B vitamins, good protein, and no fat. One cup of cooked daal serves 230 calories and a good amount of iron content useful for menstruating women. you can also add curry leaf in garnishing to enhance its breaking process. Cloves can also be used instead of cinnamon. Variation in taste and quality can be attained by adding chopped garlic in garnishing, which also facilities absorption of minerals in the body. Coriander leaf, chopped onions, and tomatoes can be been tossed in farnishing for a change.